Tomo Fujita Guitar Wisdom
$19.99 a month after 3-day free trial
Tomo Fujita is a professional musician and a guitar professor at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. In these lessons, Tomo applies the teaching methods and approach developed for his students over the past three decades.
Explore this site: (1) BROWSE to the "Welcome" section and watch the introductory videos, and (2) check out the "Welcome" post in the FORUMS.
Visit https://tomojustfunky.com/ for information about Tomo, Guitar Wisdom excerpts, and free advice for guitarists.
Welcome to Guitar Wisdom
Introduction to Guitar Wisdom and this Site
Chords, Picking, Strumming, Muting: Basic elements that every beginner ought to learn, and every intermediate player ought to know.
B1. Open Chord: E minor
B2. Open Chord: D
B3. Open Chord: C
B4. Open Chord: G
B5. Open Chord: A
B6. Open Chords: E A Em Am
B7. Open Chords: G E- C D "Songwriter" S...
Welcome to the Guitar Wisdom Sight-Reading Series, in which Tomo will guide you through Section One of a popular Berklee lesson book, "A Modern Method for Guitar, Volume 1" by William G. Leavitt, former Chair of the Guitar Department at Berklee College of Music. Section One of the Leavitt book fo...
Sight-Reading Series II
The sight-reading lessons continue with Section Two of "A Modern Method for Guitar, Volume 1" by William G. Leavitt. In order to follow these lessons, you will need to purchase a copy of the book, which is available at berkleepress.com and elsewhere.
SR33. Pages 60, 61. C Major – 2nd Position.
Sight-Reading Series III
The sight-reading lessons continue with the final pages of "A Modern Method for Guitar, Volume 1" by William G. Leavitt. In order to follow these lessons, you will need to purchase a copy of the book, which is available at berkleepress.com and elsewhere.
SR65. Page 97. Chord Forms.
SR66. Page 98...
Music Theory I
01. C Major Scale
02. G Major & F Major
03. Roman Numerals
04. D Major & D Dorian
05. G Mixolydian & C Mixolydian
06. A Aeolian
09. C Major Pentatonic
10. Minor Pentatonic
11. Minor Triads
12. Diatonic Triads
13. Diatonic 7th Chords
14. Locrian Mode
Foundation - Triads
Triads are very important building blocks in your foundation. Fluency in triads is essential to learning the fretboard and developing your ability to improvise melodically. If you have questions about Major Scales, please refer to the relevant lessons in Music Theory I as you study this section.
Foundation - Technique
FT Grip, Thumb Position, Strap
FT How to Change Strings
FT Learning the Fretboard without Memorization
FT Tone Secrets - Best Tone for Practice
FT25 (012-2) Fingering Exercises
FT08 String Bending Practice Tips
FT String Bending 2022
FT String Bending + Vibrato Technique
FT Practicing with a Metr...
Foundation - Chords
Essential chords. If you do not understand degrees and intervals, see Music Theory I for background information.
FC Power Chords
FC Barre Chords
FT13 (006-3A) CAGED System
FT14 (006-3B) Songwriting Chords
FC Drop 2 Voicings, 7th Chord Inversions
FC Drop 2 Voicings, Maj7 Chord Inversions
FC Drop ...
Blues Lessons - Foundation & More
FC Drop 2 Voicings, 7th Chord Inversions
FT30. (BL05) Dominant 7th Chords: 4-Note Voicings.
FT31. C7(9), v minor and vi minor triads.
FT37. (BL16) E Blues Shuffle Groove: 12-Bar Blues Riff.
FB Blues Shuffle - Rhythm Guitar.
FB Blues Shuffle - Bassline.
FB Blues Shuffle Riff & Bassline - Play/Sin...
Music Theory II - Applied Theory
AT01. Applying Diatonic Chords
AT02. A-7 Funk Groove: Triad Approach
AT03. Soloing Ideas for min7 Chords
AT04. Soloing Over Dom7 Chords
AT05. One Six Two Five - 7th Chords
AT06. One Six Two Five Improvisation
AT07. G Blues Rhythm Playing
AT08. Soloing Over G Blues
AT09. Soloing Over Minor Chords
Guitar-playing proficiency videos, and Tomo's answers to subscribers' questions. This playlist will likely give you some helpful ideas about how/what you ought to practice!
QAP01. Foundation Test Level 1
QAP02. How to Learn with Guitar Wisdom
QAP03. Learning to Improvise
QAP04. Foundation Test L...
Explore the Jazz Standards that have influenced musicians for decades. In these lessons, you will have the opportunity to learn (1) the chord voicings that Tomo uses in playing these Standards, and (2) elements of jazz harmony. These lessons will also lead to much improvement in your rhythm play...
Note to our subscribers: This section of Guitar Wisdom will be eliminated, as new lessons on these topics are added to the Blues Lessons section.
17. F Jazz Blues to Parker Blues in F.
20. Parker Blues: Soloing Over Chord Changes.
29. Bb Jazz Blues Soloing: Simple Phrasing.
Basic Funk Lessons
Please bear with us as we revise this section in an effort to improve your user experience. Thank you for choosing Guitar Wisdom as your learning platform!
BF Basic Funky Rhythm Guitar Technique
BF Root 3rd 7th Funk Riff + Bassline
21. Funky Groove in A minor (Sunny Chord Changes)
22. Useful So...
Neo Soul/R&B/Jazz Lessons
33. Tom Misch Chord Changes: Crazy Dream
34. Tom Misch Chord Changes: Soloing Ideas
35. Neo Soul/R&B Rhythm Playing (WGO Chords)
36. Neo Soul/ Improvising Over R&B Chord Changes
37. Neo Soul/R&B Double Stop Fills (David T. Walker)
44. Neo Soul/R&B Benson Groove Chord Changes
16. A Blues Soloing Over Chord Changes
20. Parker Blues: Soloing Over Chord Changes
22. Useful Soloing Approach: Funky Jazz in A- (Sunny)
27. B Dorian Soloing
28. Shaping B Dorian Solos with Diatonic Triads
29. Bb Jazz Blues Soloing with Simple Phrasing
34. Tom Misch Chords (Crazy Dream): Soloing...
Tomo Fujita Original Music: Lessons/Demos
TFO L01 (L41) "Kyoto" Part 1: Chord Changes, Triads Etude.
TFO D01 (D41) "Kyoto" Soloing Demo.
TFO L02 (L52) "Kyoto" Part 2 - Melody.
TFO B01 (B03) "Kyoto" Backing Track.
TFO L03 (L47) "Confidence Cat" Intro and B Section.
TFO L04 (L47-1) "Confidence Cat" Funky Fast Triplets.
TFO D02 (D47) "Confi...
Blues and Jazz/Blues Demos
09. Fender 1956 Musicmaster. Bb Blues/Swing Groove.
10. Fender 1956 Musicmaster. Bb Jazz Blues.
15. Fender Japan Telecaster, Jazz/Blues Walking Bass.
16. John Page Classic AJ, A Blues Soloing.
17. John Page Classic AJ. Jazz/Blues Rhythm Playing.
19. 1965 Stratocaster. Blues including Lightnin' Ho...
01. Kanji TF Signature. Funky Rhythm.
02. Fender 1965 Stratocaster. Funky Rhythm.
11. Ibanez AZ Prestige. Funky E Blues.
13. Ibanez AZ Prestige. Funky Groove (Sunny).
22. Fender Japan Telecaster. Solo Over Funky Groove.
23. Kanji Hard Tail/PRS (Japan). Funky Rhythm in E.
27. PRS (Japan), Fu...
Neo Soul/R&B/Jazz Demos
12. Ibanez AZ Prestige. R&B (WGO) Chord Changes.
17. John Page Classic AJ. Jazz Blues/R&B Rhythm.
37. Gibson (1967) ES-335. Neo Soul/R&B (WGO) Solo.
40. Fender JM Strat. Neo Soul (Tom Misch) Soloing.
45. Gibson ES-335. Benson Groove (Affirmation) Solo.
46. Fender SRV Strat. Soulful Ja...
Gear Exploration Demos
Unless otherwise noted, Amp is a Fender Pro Reverb.
03. Fender Japan, Inexpensive Guitar.
04. 1967 Gibson ES-335. Blues, Jazz, Bending.
05. 1967 Gibson ES-335. Blues Phrasing. Bending.
06. Kanji Hard Tail. Swing Blues.
07. Fender Squier STRAT, Inexpensive Guitar.
08. Fender 1956 Duo-Sonic. ...
TF Backing Tracks
Play along with these Backing Tracks, many of which include soloing demos. Click "show more" to see a list.
01. B minor Blues
02. Blues Bossa Nova
03. "Kyoto" by Tomo Fujita
04. Soulful Jazz (Lovely) Chord Changes
05. "Crazy Dream" Chords
06. Neo Soul/R&B Chord Changes
07. Slow Blues in C
TF Gear Tours
Tomo gives subscribers an insiders' look at his various guitars, amplifiers, effects, speakers and more! Click "show more" to see list.
01. Fender Pro Reverb. Two-Rock TF Signature. Two-Rock with String Driver Cabinet.
02. Blues Cube Artist. Nolatone Club Master.
03. Fender Princeton Rever...